EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT - CIVIL DEFENSE
Teton County Law Enforcement Center
547 N Main Str
Driggs, ID 83422
230 North Main Street
Driggs, ID 83422
Monday - Friday: 9 - 5
- Mitigate, prepare, respond, and recover from any disaster or emergency that can happen to the community.
- Act as a liaison between all local response agencies, the County Commissioners, citizens, and State and Federal response agencies.
- Advise local government officials in disaster situations and notify them of the occurrence of disaster situations.
- Manage and coordinate Emergency Operations Center (EOC) functions and activities during emergencies.
- Maintain all County emergency plans such as the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
- Catalog and maintain mutual aid agreements.
- Know and maintain familiarity with all neighboring jurisdictions' emergency procedures, response assets, and personnel.
- Oversee the Local Emergency Planning Committee and its meetings.
- Oversee all Homeland Security Grants and be the Point of Contact (POC) for other preparedness grants.
- Provide for the coordination and dissemination of warnings and emergency public information.
- Monitor known hazards for changes that adversely affect the community and environment.
- Coordinate emergency preparedness training with local agencies, neighboring agencies, and citizens.
- Update and file Tier II notices accordingly.
- Coordinate resources during a disaster.
- Work closely with, and encourage participation from all possible response agencies such as the American Red Cross, the Civil Air Patrol, Citizen Corps and others.
- Assist other counties in emergency services areas.
- Hold a disaster exercise at least annually.
- Develop new emergency management programs and/or enhance existing programs.
- Stay abreast of new technology.
- Stay informed of all requirements and recommendations concerning emergency management.
- Maintain and increase skills by attending training courses.
- Prepare our citizens by conducting outreach programs, such as public awareness campaigns or presentations.
- Test and maintain emergency equipment.
- Oversee the Armory Building administration and budget.