(East of Driggs)
1088 Cemetery Road
Driggs, ID 83422
150 Courthouse Drive
Driggs, ID 83422
Commercial & Public Hours:
Tuesday Through Friday
8:00am to 3:00pm
8:00am to 1:00pm
Sorted/Recyclable Items Accepted
Teton County Solid Waste collects and prepares certain materials for local use or transfer to recycling facilities across the nation. Common items collected are corrugated cardboard, office paper, newspaper, tin and steel cans, aluminum cans and glass bottles. These items are collected in separate blue bins south of the Transfer Building.
In addition to classic recycling, Teton County Solid waste also collects scrap metal, brush and yard waste, manure, animal carcasses, dimensional lumber, concrete, rocks and soil. These items are diverted from Circular Butte landfill and reused or recycled.
More Details on Recycling at the Transfer Station
- Glass Bottles and Jars: Glass does not need to be sorted by color.
- Steel and Tin: Cans and Containers 1 gallon or less
- Aluminum: Cans only
- Corrugated Cardboard: Cardboard contaminated with food waste (such as pizza boxes) or which was previously wet cannot be recycled.
- Office Paper: No windowed envelopes, staples or other material you would not run through a copy machine.
- Newspaper: Newpaper only, no magazines or "slicks"
- Plastic Drink Bottles: Please remove the lids. They are another type of plastic and lower the value of material.
- Milk Jugs: Please rinse!
- Colored #2 Jugs and containers: Detergent, Coffee Containers, and similar items. No Oil or Automobile product containers please.
Other Sorted Materials
- Wire: Fencing and related materials.
- Steel and Scrap Metal: Engines must have gas and oil drained.
- Dimensional Lumber: No pressure treated or material treated with creosine. Railroad tyes that are in good shape can be sorted for salvage.
- Gypsym Wall Board: Free of foam insulation and wood. Mud boxes are not considered gypsym board and are not accepted in the Construction and Demolition Pit.
- Inert Fill ( rocks, concrete, masonry, clean soil )
- Green Waste ( yard trimmings )
- Used Motor Oil: Please throw empty containers into the household trash.
- Cell phones and chargers
- Printer Inkjet Cartridges
- iPods and MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
- Pocket PCs, PDAs and Other Handhelds
- All Batteries ( Car batteries and larger need to be taken to the Green building )
- E-waste: Printers, Computers, Fax Machines etc.