|Department:||Planning & Zoning Department|
|Salary Range:||$65,00 - $80,000 DOE|
|Closing Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Primary duties: provide professional planning expertise, advise and recommend the Board of County Commissioners and the Planning and Zoning Commission; provide leadership and articulate long-range goals and direction for the department; prepare long-range plans and ordinance amendments; supervise permits and land divisions processing; supervise and process zoning changes and follow-up; prepare other plans, reports, and special studies; manage staff and related personnel functions; and coordinate with County departments and other local, state and federal agencies.
Minimum Experience and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Urban or Regional Planning or closely related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in local government planning or related field; or
- Master's degree in Urban or Regional Planning or closely related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in local government planning or related field; and
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience in a planning-related environment; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this job.
Specialized Licenses or Certifications
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification highly preferred;
- ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager certification preferred, or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
- Valid Idaho Driver's License, or ability to obtain.
|Job Description (PDF)|